Came to use the remote on one of my Logitech remote controls the other day. To my slight surprise it wouldn’t turn the unit on. Finally got round to checking the batteries. To my horror one of the cells had corroded (Duracell Alkaline type). The contact was a bit messy as a result but managed to clean up fairly easily with some contact cleaner… The message/warning here is don’t leave those remote’s with batteries in. The years can roll by and the cells, even the better ones can corrode! So let that be a warning. Go and check them now or see below (as an example) of what can happen.

 

Snap 2014-07-28 at 15.09.19

Advertisements